IK Multimedia Sample Tank 3
Now, over ten years in the making, SampleTank 3 builds on this storied heritage. Like its predecessors, it's the most advanced sound workstation available on the market today with a whole new world of sounds, advanced playing and editing features and a full suite of studio-quality effects. SampleTank 3 builds on the features that have made it one of the most popular virtual instruments of all time making it an essential piece in the musical toolkit of any serious musician, studio producer or live performer for years to come.
A sound for every song, literally
What makes SampleTank 3 so powerful is its extraordinarily large sound library. SampleTank 3 now comes with over 33 gigabytes of professionally recorded instruments — that’s over 4,000 instruments in 21 instrument categories — far more than most other music workstations out-of-the-box. Plus, SampleTank 3 includes over 2,500 drums, percussion and full groove construction kit loops and over 2,000 MIDI patterns for its brand new MIDI player section.
SampleTank’s secret weapon: the engine
Completely retooled and remade, SampleTank 3's new software engine has been greatly enhanced while maintaing its traditional quick sample load times and light CPU usage.
Experience enhanced playability with SampleTank 3's new "round robin" sample switching — it's there to lend an organic "live" feeling to your playing by cycling through different samples of the same instrument. Coupled with SampleTank 3's new multiple articulations — triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity — this provides maximum realism on highly expressive instruments like guitars, woodwinds, percussion, brass, and more. When used correctly these new features can make SampleTank 3's sound indistinguishable from the real thing.
Now SampleTank 3 ushers in 10 new types of filter effects which includes spot-on emulations of some of the most historically significant analog ladder and phaser filters. SampleTank 3 also enhances your editing workflow by centralizing all control in one easy to use interface. Whatever your creative audio needs may be, SampleTank 3 delivers with stunning precision, accuracy and ease. And if you are not particularly technologically minded (or an advanced producer), no problem! Now SampleTank 3 offers 8 macro control knobs for every sound. IK Multimedia's sound designers have already pre-programmed complex parameters chains so you have all the controls you need arranged in a way that lets you quickly and effortlessly create the sounds you need.
Get in the groove
Now you can get your groove on with SampleTank 3’s new built-in MIDI engine. Use hundreds of grooves, patterns and loops to build killer rhythmic tracks that you can easily sync together — you can even export them to your DAW.
SampleTank 3's multi-part pattern player can hold up to 128 simultaneous MIDI patterns in each of its 16 parts. This allows for extensive control of intensity, transposition and quantization. SampleTank 3 lets you use the included ore-made patterns and loops to come up with complex and inspiring rhythmic textures and beats on the fly. These grooves are lifelike and highly professional, and that's because SampleTank 3's rhythm section has been recorded by some of the finest world-renowned drummers and percussionists. Now you can have great sounding, pro-quality grooves right from the start. And when you want to further refine your patterns and use them in your sequencer, simply drag them to your DAW to use them from there.
An effects powerhouse
A large part of SampleTank's long-standing popularity has been its suite of built-in effects, a feature that owes a lot to IK Multimedia’s reputation for top-quality audio effects. SampleTank 3 continues this legacy with a significant amount of new features.
The heart of this is its new intuitive and realistic mixer-like interface. Presented like a traditional mixer, it offers 16 instrument channels that each feature 5 insert effect slots and 4 stereo effect returns plus a Master Channel with 5 effect slots. Using these effects can quickly be inserted, bypassed, previewed and edited without leaving the main mixer menu. This powerful effects routing system allows for up to 30 effects to be applied to a single SampleTank sound for a truly mind blowing assortment of creative sound design possibilities.
On top of that, the internal multi-effects selection now contains 55 high-quality effects with 22 brand-new effects derived from the best analog-modeled algorithms and convolution technology found in AmpliTube and TRackS plus brand new effects developed just for SampleTank 3.
The live workstation
For years, SampleTank has been the workstation of choice for live performance on stage with laptop. Now, SampleTank 3 is an even better choice thanks to its new live feature. Now you can organize your set lists and song sounds within SampleTank 3 for instant recall with direct on-screen selection or MIDI Program Changes. SampleTank features an innovative memory management system so you can pre-load sounds into RAM according to your gig set list. This allows for all sounds you need during your live performance to be immediately available, no loading time when switching sounds!
Sounds beautiful, looks beautiful
SampleTank has always been very easy to use and this is a key point also for SampleTank 3. It features a beautiful, uncluttered look that's sure to please both your ears and your eyes. And now SampleTank 3 is more visually appealing than ever with each main instrument depicted in 3D for immediate visual reference and instant recognition. This, together with its smart design workflow - separated into its 3 main interfaces Play, Mix and Edit - makes learning and working with SampleTank 3 a breeze — you'll be up and making music in minutes.
IK Multimedia Sample Tank 3
• Over 33 GB of included sounds
• Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering the entire span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds
• Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists
• Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories
• Completely redesigned interface with 3 main environments: Play, Mix and Edit that retain SampleTank’s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation
• 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer
• All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing
• "Round robin" and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity
• Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument
• 55 high-quality integrated effects, including 22 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IK’s studio-grade T-• RackS and AmpliTube production software
• New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance
• Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall
• Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows
• Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
Sample Tank 3 Specifications
• Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
• Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
• Fully compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
• Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST, and Audio Units
• 16 part multitimbral
• 16 individual stereo outputs
• Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
• Mix view and full mix parameters control
• Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
• 55 studio quality effects
• Part Range Controls allows for creating splits and layers
• Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
• Instrument browsing
• BPM syncable time-based effects, audio loop instruments and LFOs
• Four play modes including mono legato with portamento.
• Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound elelement or articulation
• Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control
• Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
• Instrument and Multi saving
• Convenient Search function for Instruments, Multis and Patterns
3 Synth Engines
• Full Amps: American Vintage T, Amp Combo, British Tube Lead 2, Jazz Amp 120, Modern Tube Lead, SVT Classic
• Amp Components: Cabinet, Preamp, Tone Control
• Distortion: Overscream, Distortion, Crusher, Overdrive
• EQ and Dynamics: Black 76, Model 670, White 2A, Vintage EQ-1A, Compressor, Parametric EQ, EQ Comp, Limiter
• Modulation: Chorus C1, Opto Tremolo, Electric Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Uni-V, Small Phazer, AM Modulation, Multi Chorus, Chorus, Phaser, Env • Flanger, Tremolo, Flanger, FM Modulation
• Reverb and Delay: Acoustic Resonance, Tape Echo, Hall Reverb, ConvoRoom, Plate Reverb, Reverb, Ambience, Reverb Delay, Delay, Spring Reverb
• Filters / Other: Piano Lid, Stereo Imager, Auto Pan, Multi Filter, LFO Filter, Phonograph, Env Filter, Slicer, Lo-Fi, Wah
4 Play Modes
• Legato 1
• Legato 2
• Over 33 GB of included sounds ==
• Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories
• Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops
• Over 2,000 MIDI files