- Complete production studio with sampling, sequencing, effects and CD burner
- 16 velocity-sensitive pads with aftertouch for programming beats and arranging audio material
- Powerful 136-track sequencer (128 MIDI tracks + 8 stereo audio tracks) with simple software-like operation and real-time timestretch
- Linear or pattern-based composition mode with pattern play mode for spontaneous live performance
- Drum Grid for easy rhythm programming
- 3-band EQ for audio tracks and instruments
- Level, pan and mute automation for individual audio tracks and automation of MFX slider movements
- Sampler compatible with a variety of audio formats: Audio CD, .WAV/AIFF, ACID, Akai MPC2000 series and Roland S-700 series
- 128MB RAM; expandable to 512MB for 100 minutes recording time (mono)
- Separate reverb, chorus/delay and MFX processors plus mastering tools
- Stereo mic/line and phono inputs, plus stereo analog and digital master outputs (S/P-DIF, optical and coaxial)
- Optional MV8-OP1 adds 6 analog outputs, one digital input and one R-BUS port and one digital S/P-DIF input (optical and coaxial).
- Large LCD with icon display and Realtime Control knobs for easy onboard operation
- Optional MV8-VGA board enables connection and convenient operation via screen (VGA monitor) and mouse.
- Pix Jam function for triggering your own graphics via the pads or for triggering graphics in sync with the music via the sequencer. V-LINK function for controlling Edirol video devices (not included)
- Internal CD-RW drive, 3.5” floppy disk drive and 40GB hard disk for data storage
A complete studio for modern productions
No other hardware studio on the market comes close to the MV-8000 when it comes to creating songs from raw samples. With up to 100 minutes of sample time (when recording in mono) and compatibility with a wide range of audio formats, the MV-8000 offers unlimited possibilities. Recording sequences is a breeze thanks to the 16 velocity-sensitive pads with aftertouch and the graphic LCD. Both audio and MIDI tracks can be recorded, applied with effects and burned to CD as a finished master.
From the sample to the finished CD
Thanks to the internal CD-RW drive, producers have the option of producing complete songs using only an MV-8000 and audio CDs. The sampler is able to load sample libraries in different formats - from Roland and Akai to .WAV and ACID - all with a few simple touches. All you have to do now is enter beats and arrange and add effects to the song before burning it onto an audio CD.
136 sequencer tracks, pattern mode and automation
The MV-8000 sequencer section offers total integration of audio and MIDI on up to 136 recording tracks. These include 128 MIDI tracks (2 x 16 MIDI channels for external MIDI instruments) and eight stereo audio tracks (16 mono). Many producers appreciate the linear working method of the MV-8000, but the MV-8000 also masters pattern-based composing. Program beats on the MIDI tracks and combine them with freestyle vocals or acoustic instruments on the audio tracks - including the ability to "punch in" at any time. The innovative MV-8000 is even able to synchronize audio material to the BPM of the sequencer. Furthermore, muting, volume and panorama,
Luxurious velocity pads and LC display
Thanks to the 16 pads for programming beats and triggering audio phrases, owners of MPC Sampling Studios can use the MV-8000 immediately without having to give up their usual playing feel. The pads are velocity sensitive and feature aftertouch for maximum expressiveness. Combined with the MV-8000's large graphic LCD and Realtime Control knobs, they make sequencing more spontaneous and intuitive. Operation becomes even more convenient if you install the optional MV8-VGA board, because then the MV-8000 can be operated completely via a connected VGA monitor and mouse.
Compatible with all major audio formats
The MV-8000 is compatible with all popular formats including the ability to read Akai MPC disks via the internal floppy disk drive. You can load Roland S-700 and Akai MPC2000 libraries as well as .WAV/AIFF files directly from CD-ROM or via USB, as well as process and import audio data from CDs. The MV-8000 also loads ACID files and is able to automatically calculate bars and BPM, making working with loops extremely easy. Of course you can also sample yourself - there is a special phono input for recording vinyl records.
Studio quality effects and CD-RW drive
The dream of a complete studio in one case becomes reality with four special effects processors and an internal CD-RW drive. The MV-8000 offers 24-bit reverb, separate chorus/delay effects and a versatile MFX (multi-effects) processor with COSM effects, which are known worldwide from Roland's high-class V-Studios. These include algorithms like isolator, filter, delay, RSS®, guitar multi, vocoder and microphone modeling, as well as vintage effects like Roland's RE-201 Tape Echo, SDD-320 Dimension D Chorus and the SBF-325 Stereo Flanger. A mastering tool kit provides everything you need to polish the mix before burning the stereo data to CD or exporting it to a computer as a .WAV file.
40GB hard drive
The MV-8000 stores its sounds and projects on an internal 40GB hard drive. This makes it easy to manage the largest sound libraries once they have been converted to MV-8000 format. Via USB, the hard drive can be displayed directly on the desktop of a computer. (It cannot record directly to HDD. Recordings are recorded to internal RAM and then saved to HDD.)
Lots of possibilities
Adding an optional MV8-OP1 expansion board gives you six additional analog outputs, one digital input, and an R-BUS port that can transfer eight audio channels simultaneously to R-BUS equipped V-Studios. With Roland's V-LINK technology, the MV-8000 is capable of running and manipulating video clips via optional Edirol video decks. When it comes to sampling studios, you should only choose the best: Roland.