A professional measurement tool.
The PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone is a special type of microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools. It employs a ¼”, pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule with an omnidirectional polar pattern, which allows the microphone to measure reflections, as well as direct signals up to 132 dB SPL. The PRM1 has an all-metal chassis and comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case.
What makes the PRM1 different from most mics?
Unlike mics you use for recording and live sound, the PRM1 has a narrow dynamic range, since it is intended to receive test frequencies, such as pink noise, at a fixed level. As a result, it is not recommended for recording or performance—but it’s the right mic for tuning a sound system to perform accurately in a venue. The PRM1 exhibits linear (“flat”) frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz, meaning it captures all frequencies equally within that range. Since it neither boosts nor cuts frequencies, it doesn’t color the sound, making it ideal for measuring what a room or speaker is doing to a sound system’s outgoing signal.
Designed for use with Smaart and other audio analysis tools.
While the PRM1 can be used for a variety of measurement applications, such as MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, and TEF™, it is especially recommended for use with the Smaart® System Check wizards that are integrated into PreSonus® UC Surface control software for StudioLive® AI and StudioLive RM mixers. With this combination, you can have a complete, powerful, and affordable, audio-analysis and correction system.
- ¼-inch, pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule
- Linear frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Low noise, low distortion
- All-metal chassis
- Comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case
- High-quality components and rugged construction
- Suitable for system analysis and measurement
- Especially recommended for use with PreSonus® StudioLive® mixers and VSL with Smaart® Measurement Technology
• Type Black electret condenser
• Element Pressure, FET preamplifier
• Polar Pattern Omnidirectional
• Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz open-circuit voltage) -37 dB/Pa (14 mV/Pa) 1 Pa=94 dB SPL
• Rated Impedance 200Ω
• Minimum Load Impedance 1,000Ω
• EIN (A-weighted) 26 dB
• Max. SPL (1 kΩ load) 132 dB SPL (THD ≤ 1%, 1 kHz)
• Dynamic Range (1 kΩ load) 106 dB
• S/N Ratio 70 dB
• Polarity Pin 2 output positive voltage (relative to Pin 3) when diaphragm receives positive pressure (moves inward)
• Connector 3-pin XLR Male
• Phantom Power 9-52V
• Current Consumption 2 mA
• Length 7.56” (192 mm)
• Width 0.83” (21 mm)
• Weight 5.3 oz (150g)
• Finish Metal, matte black
• Environmental Conditions 10-50˚ C, humidity 0-95%