With the 200 series, BOSS introduces a new generation of pedals that pack advanced sound and versatility into a streamlined size that saves space on your board. Grab-and-go controls and multi-function switches make operation easy and intuitive, while onboard memories allow you to store multiple setups for instant recall. All 200 series pedals feature premium audio quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit internal processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate, plus support for additional control via external switches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
The OD-200 Hybrid Drive brings next-level sound, feel, and flexibility to overdrive and distortion, combining decades of BOSS tone expertise with innovative technologies. Powered by hybrid analog/digital circuitry, this dream pedal delivers any drive tone you can imagine via 12 primary modes, 15 boost types, series/parallel gain paths, and more. There’s even an advanced gate on board, ideal for both eliminating noise and adding tightness to high-gain drive tones.
• Advanced hybrid design with analog and digital circuitry provides a huge range of drive tones from classic to modern
• Twelve primary drive modes plus 15 boost types with independent pre/post gain controls
• Selectable series or parallel boost structures for unlimited gain shaping
• Advanced gate section for eliminating noise and tightening high-gain tones
• Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
• Real-time panel setting and four memories for storing favorite sounds
• Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
• Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, boost, memory selection, and more
• Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
• Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
• Micro USB jack for firmware updates
• Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
OD-200 Drive Modes
• Overdrive: Natural tube-style overdrive with asymmetrical clipping.
• Blues: Highly expressive overdrive sound with wide tonal range.
• Scream: Smooth overdrive sound with mid-focused tone.
• Cntr OD: Mild drive sound modeled on the Klon Centaur.
• X-Drive: Next-generation overdrive that uses BOSS's Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) for enhanced string separation, increased clarity, and expressive dynamic response.
• Dist: Cutting distortion that's ideal for a wide variety of styles.
• X-Dist: Distinctive distortion that uses MDP tech for a superior playing experience that's unattainable with analog distortion pedals.
• Stack Drive: Iconic British stack sound, with range from sparkly clean to a thick vintage roar.
• Fat Dist: Thick, tight distortion sound that's ideal for riffs and solos.
• Brown: Lead sound inspired by the original British stack amp, with higher gain and razor-sharp definition.
• X-Metal: Wide-ranging modern sound powered by MDP, with superior clarity and string definition even at the highest gain settings.
• Fuzz: Bold fuzz sound with big, round tone and rich sustain.