- New baffle design
- Acoustic Space Control
- Ample wattage, time correction
New baffle design
The HR824mk2 features a Zero Edge baffle, which is constructed from a solid piece of aluminum. The new baffle design minimizes diffraction and helps provide a clear sonic image, as well as tight bass response. An optimized waveguide disperses sound evenly over a wide field, as well as providing robust mids. These improvements to frequency response and depth of field make the HR monitors sound better than ever.
Acoustic Space Control
An integrated Acoustic Space Control feature makes these monitors ideal for locations (such as video post suites and home/project studios) where available space is limited. This feature gives you full space, half-space, and quarter space settings, which adjusts the bass response when they're away from walls, against walls, or set up in corners. Low frequency roll-off and high frequency shelf functions are also switchable on the back panel.
Ample wattage, time correction
The HR824mk2's 8.75" low-frequency driver receives 150 watts from an onboard FR (Fast Recovery) amplifier. The waveguide-loaded aluminum dome tweeter is powered with 100 watts, and an active crossover helps to eliminate phase anomalies. These monitors also include time-correction circuitry, which allows the highs and lows to reach the listener at the same time.
- 8.75" high-precision, low-distortion LF driver
- 1" titanium dome ferrofluid-cooled tweeter
- Optimized waveguide for wide, even tone
- Twin FR Series amps: 150W LF, 100W HF
- Cast aluminum Zero Edge baffle minimizes diffraction
- Internal damping eliminates midrange artifacts
- Passive radiator provides tight, articulate bass extension down to 45Hz
- Acoustic Space Control, LF roll-off, HF shelf controls
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- OmniMount for easy wall or ceiling placement
- THX pm3 certified for surround applications